Be a member of kindness,
with this App.
We don’t usually like asking other people for help with little things Or if you find someone appearing to need some assistance, telling a stranger can be difficult. You might appreciate a helping hand, but it’s hard to pluck up the courage to ask. It’s great to be able to ask someone if you’re lost, for example, or you need help with your luggage. This is especially true if you’re a traveler, a foreigner visiting Japan, an older person or a person with a disability.
That’s why we’ve developed , the convenient app that makes it easier for you to give someone help and to receive help.
I feel embarrassed
asking for help!
I’m struggling with this heavy bag
I don’t know where I am!
I can’t go aheard because of this step
I am a stranger here. I don't know how to change buses
I need someone to help me with shopping
I need someone to translate Japanese for me
It’s so easy!
Use your smartphone to ask for help if you feel awkward asking directly!
You sometimes need a bit of courage to speak up and ask for help on the street or on the train. May ii makes it easy for you!
Japan is renowned for its hospitality.
Let’s make our foreign visitors feel welcome!
With the major event coming up in 2020, the number of visitors to Japan is increasing. If someone at the station or in the street needs assistance or can’t read a sign, why not do a good deed and give them a helping hand?
Keep a count of your “Thank you” (Arigatō).
The more people show their appreciation for your good deeds, the more motivated you feel!
You get a good feeling when someone thanks you for your help, right? A “Thank you” (Arigatō) can brighten up your day.
- Social-Action-Service App "Mayii (pronouncing "may-i")" is now available on iOS and Android!
- "Mayii" will be a part of Tenjin Summer Festival! Stop by our tent and get a prize!
- Demo-experiment "Tasuketto - Arigato Guide-" revealed a hint of city creation in Fukuoka Tenjin.
- [Report] What we saw in CSUN Conference 2019 in Anaheim, USA
- “Let’s Help!” (Tasuketto) A LINE test case connecting people who need help for transportation or communication on the street with people who want to help them.
Looking for partners to help expand our coverage!!Click here to apply
to be a partner
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q Who can use this service and when is it available?
- A This service is available to anyone aged 18 or over in the relevant area. Use it to help anyone who needs some on-the-spot assistance. Offer your support when you have some spare time. (available from 8:00AM to 9:00PM. Available times may vary depending on the area).
- Q I'm worried about giving away personal information such as my contact details
- A All third party interaction is done via chatbot (automatic response program). To ensure meetings and assistance go smoothly, the only details disclosed to others are the user’s nickname, approximate age, gender, credentials and location (for a maximum of 30 minutes between matching and meeting). You can use the service with confidence.